RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tell me about the Century Hawk Pro!
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2005, 11:55 AM
NIpilot
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Tell me about the Century Hawk Pro!

The Hawk Pro is really a good flying helicopter. And I won't even say, "for the money". It would be still good if it cost $299.00. I have had NO issues with this bird and I just finished off my 6th gallon of fuel. Only thing I changed was swash guide, and red (hard) dampers and glass blades. Of the three the blades were the best return on investment. So much lighter then the woodies that the hard dampers might not even be needed. Just lots less mass. With woodies, your really going to want the hard dampers if your doing anything in forward flight. I Know you said your just starting but its good to remember these things for down the road when you get into acro and foward flight. When I first built or assembled as the case may be, I completely checked over the preassemebled parts. Especially the torque tube attachment to the in, output shafts. Everything was in order but I relocktighted them anyways and never an issue from day one. My honest opinion of this thing is I can do anything with it I could do with a kick butt 60-90 sized heli. Its very stable and yet quick on the cyclic. If I had to describe the whole heli in only one word it would be SMOOTH! I'm getting ready to get a Raven with a Hyper 50 and I think I'll be in hogs heaven. I believe that having learned and flown for years on 60-70 sized machines thats a pretty good testament to how I feel about this thing. I can fly my pro 12 flights on a gallon. My OS 70 powered heli gets 5 flights to a gallon. Since I've been through 8 cases of fuel this year with my planks and helis it does add up. If you can have just as much fun and get over twice the flying time why not? Power to weight ratio is better then my 70 sized machine. I hate to use names cause everyone thinks your bad mouthing their heli. Flying and comparing is believing though. Buy it, fly it, break it, fix it and have a blast.