RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3dhobbyshop.com Sabre
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2005, 05:03 PM
aflipz
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3dhobbyshop.com Sabre

No sorry, i want to get it airbrushed first... i can't show it naked in public

So... the glitching; i had everything in my formosa, i was alone with no one to hold the plane so i went to a vacant parking lot and "taxied" it 200 feet away, did tests of all control surfaces and nothing happenned unless i asked it to; seems fine right? Wrong.

I went to the field, handlaunched, flew about 100 meters away; worse glitching yet at abouy 75% throttle. this time i couldn't save it it went down and smashed to oblivion. I had absolutely no response what so ever. it was doing some very tricky aerobatics going down.

Later i took the esc, battery rx, servos and did some more tests, walking away from the tx with the throttle at 50% Glitching starts at 30 feet and just gets worse. The motor got warm and the phoenix 25 got so hot that the shrinkwrap melted. Not normal, this is a 25 amp esc capable of 40 amp bursts, no way 1/2 throttle on a 13.1 amp motor (wot) with the recommended 8x4 prop caused that... Unless it's deffective.

I took it out of the equation, put a castle creations mamba inrunner motor on it; same problem with the glitching and the heat. This motor draws about 15 amps when loaded, it was running with just a pinion gear wich means minimal load. So, it seems pretty unlikely that the motor is at fault. Is the problem the esc or the rx or both? i'm at a loss here and have run out of equipment to do tests. I'm not a rich man, i can hardly afford the equipment to begin with, certainly can't just go out and buy another esc, rx and motor (the shaft on the bp is crooked) So i'm grounded until the manufacturer(s) replace the deffective part(s)

what is it with this hobby? this year i have had 3 faulty esc's, one faulty receiver. and a bunch of other problems that are unrelated to my flying abilities (wich are very good i must say, when my equipment is working) It seems i'm the only one it ever happens to. Ok not the only one, but i certainly feel i have had more bad luck with this hobby than anyone i know. You are about to see a grown man cry, or go postal... either way it ain't gonna be pretty.

I'm really glad i listened to the voice in my head that said "stay with the small electrics, if something happens in the big glow planes someone could die" Someone with my kind of luck cannot afford to take such risks as flying 7-8 lbs missiles at 100mph... Immagine, someone may buiy this rx looking to save weight and put it in a glow plane. Since it has a mile + range it should be fine right; deadly mistake.

This really really really sucks...