RCU Forums - View Single Post - Problem with Futaba 7C and Hitec Electron 6 FM
Old 09-12-2005, 12:01 PM
Wazmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with Futaba 7C and Hitec Electron 6 FM

I'm using a Futaba 7C TX with a Hitec Electron 6 FM (with a Hitec DC crystal) RX. Two Futaba S148 servos are plugged into the RX, and I'm using a Hangar 9 4-cell 700mAh battery. It worked fine for about half the day, during which time I turned both TX and RX on and off several times. Then it started acting like the RX battery was weak or there was interference. Both servos were twitching. I tried resetting the model programming on the 7C, but this had no effect on the problem. I discovered that moving the throttle stick up from idle made the problem stop, but there is nothing plugged into the throttle channel. Then I noticed that full right rudder (ch. 1) deflection resulted in full up elevator (ch. 2) deflection. I was able to work around the problem temporarily by adjusting channel endpoints so that the servo didn't travel far enough to cause the problem. This seems like a possible pulse width/framing issue. Any suggestions for diagnosing the problem, or should I just send the RX to Hitec for service?