RCU Forums - View Single Post - Superman Jet Rally CANCELLED
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 12:58 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Superman Jet Rally

ORIGINAL: Turbulence

While I do have to agree that you have some point there, I believe some people took the time to call and piss people off at the FAA some of those actually had good intentions in mind, but rocked the boat instea. We also gave some amunition to other NON RC folks who have nothing better to do than come and see how they can contribute. Do you recall the BITW issue where general aviation pilots where all over this forum just to cause trouble with the so-called near miss. Well if we start posting stuff about our rights to airports and all that, what do you think those people are going to do? They are going to get on the phone to the FAA or FBO and say "why can't I land at that airport that ONE week"?, even if they have NO INTENTION of actually doing so.

Turbulence

I have to agree that no one can blame this forum for the cancellation of superman. If that is the case you would see businesses around the world closing their doors if they listened to the people that chatted on the internet about them. The FAA has been taking a long hard look at the events being held around the country and systematically shutting them down one by one. This had nothing to do with the chatter on here. Look at the chatter about BV he should be bigger than Microsoft or out of business based on the chatter here, but he is neither. Why? Because this chatter does not matter that much in the grand scheme of things. I spent many years in the military and many years in city and county government and know somewhat how the system works. Basically if it does not benefit the man making the decisions monetarily and/or career wise you can sure as hell bet he is not going to care whether you are happy or not. He is going to listen to the people who can advance him or hurt him but not the little guy.

Turbulence,
when you say you BELIEVE people called the FAA, do you know for a fact people called them? Or are you speculating that people called. If someone called say, I KNOW that (insert name) called the FAA , but if not sure don't mention it, because you are contributing to the same thing you are trying to prevent by speculating and theorizing about what happened or is going to happen.

I try and stay off of these forums until I can't take it anymore and have to speak my peace.

Patrick.