RCU Forums - View Single Post - Trim F-86
Thread: Trim F-86
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2002, 12:22 AM
garrett_mcdonal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim F-86

Hi Jeff,

I have a couple of Trim Sabres. They fly exceptionally well and don't have any bad habbits. I fly off a short grass strip, about 330 feet) and which isn't even that flat. The strip rolls down on either end and I still get away no worries at all.

In flight it is smooth and precise. Mine fly around 130-140 straight and level with no gear doors. With gear doors I have seen them clocked at 150-160 with only a shallow dive into level flight. The vertical is quite good if you have plenty of speed up before going vertical.

Landings are dead easy if you fly the approach correctly. I can normally drop mine within 30 feet of the end of the strip and be stopped by half strip with the use of brakes. One odd thing with the Sabre is that full flap requires some UP trim to be mixed in or it will tend to put the nose down. I have my flaps set to deploy quite slowly. I first drop the gear to bleed off some speed before dropping the flaps to the landing position. No up trim needed yet. I have the mix set up so the up trim only comes in when the flaps approach full deflection in the landing mode.

Hope that helps. If you do buy one, let me know and I'll give you some mods that a lot of the Trim Sabres here is Australia are flying with. Nothing major, but a couple of small changes.

Regards,
Garrett