RCU Forums - View Single Post - *Seagull Laser 200*
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Harc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *Seagull Laser 200*

Zippi - I'm about 2 months late in answering you. Old computer met the same fate as some of my planes. CRASH Just finished up my 2d Laser 200 today. Hasn't flown but hopefully this coming Friday. I have a ST G2300 in it with an APC 17x8 prop. Engine is as far forward as can go with the supplied mount AND height to top of the cowl is 16 1/4 plus or minus 1/16 inches. It will fitted in your weehicle.

Couple of things if you get one. As Bob Zaar said, reinforce the firewall. I epoxied triangle stock in every corner where I could get my fingers to fit. Hope that is sufficient. Secondly, if you forget the canopy - DON'T fly it. I did and 98% sure the turbulence from the cavity created a loss of tailfin control. Obviously, it crashed.

With engine as situated, using a Harry Higley brass hub (2 oz) and 4 cell rcvr battery partially wedged under the fuel tank and held in place. All servos placed as shown in the plans. I'm using Hitec 635 for all surfaces and a std servo for the throttle. Rcvr is mounted adjacent to the throttle servo. With all this, balance (CG) is 1 1/2 plus or minus 1/4 inches from the wing tip measured at the tips.

If anything else I can answer or help, don't hesitate to contact me.

Harc