RCU Forums - View Single Post - Wild Hare design contest
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 07:16 PM
rctom

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wild Hare design contest

OK Guys you talked me into it. Here's the deal.

I am holding a covering scheme design contest for our new Cap and also for the new Yak.

The Cap is just starting production so we only have a few weeks to get the design settled, same for the Yak.

Specs for the Cap are 85" Span Cap 232, 77" long, will also be available with 90" wings in case that influences your scheme.

Specs for the Yak 54 are 80" span, 72" long, meant for 40 to 50cc gas or 30cc glow. I don't know why that matters but if I don't put it in somebody always asks.

Any designs submitted I will keep for reference and possible future use.

If I actually use a submitted scheme on either the Cap or Yak the submitter will be entitled to a free plane. You must pay the shipping and if in Texas you must pay sales tax. You can choose the plane that your scheme is used on or any other Wild Hare plane that we have of equal or lesser value. If you want one of greater value you can pay the difference in cash.

Submission of a scheme is your promise that you have the right to give us the scheme.

Send your design to [email protected] by email only. You can send them in jpeg, gif, pdf, pub, psd formats.

Here are some design hints, You don't have to do it this way but it will have to be damned good if you don't.

I prefer a one color cowl because it's easier to keep spare parts around. If you can't do it in one color at least keep it simple. Aligning stripes on the cowl with stripes on the fuse can be a trouble spot.

Don't have a covering seam right at the leading edge, that is the cause of covering coming loose. Do something that wraps around the LE.

There should be a contrasting scheme on the bottom that's easy to tell from the top.

Make it easy to change colors.

Flames are hard to do, same with fading from one color to another.

Large areas of one covering on top of another causes bubbling. Avoid that.

Asymetrical schemes have worked well, but if you provide a symetrical alternative it will help.

I'll update this list as more things come to mind.

Don't submit anything even similar to what we already have in use shown below.

This contest will run one week only. Sept. 21 is the deadline.

If I can't view the design easily from email I'll just delete it, I don't have time to help out with technical problems.

Thanks.

Tom Fawcett

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76184.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	324132   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez83850.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	324133