RCU Forums - View Single Post - Charlottesville Racers Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2005, 08:36 PM
Super_Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Charlottesville Racers Thread

Big Ed - Factory setting are always to rich to start with especially with the hot humid air we have here. For my break in I idle the first tank and adjust the low speed needle untill it holds a low steady idle without loading up but still have some smoke and oil spitting out the pipe and I always have it running atleast 180 degrees (colder temps means less expansion... less expansion means more friction and wear). 2nd tank I idle untill it gets up to atleast 180 degrees than I slowly run around on a flat surface close to idle and pulling the throttle for about 4 seconds then let it coast a little then pull a tiny bit of throttle again. 3rd-5th tank just keep running it faster after each tank and tunning it as I need to to make it stay up to temp and not to go higher than 220 degrees. 5th tank I just run it as hard as I normally would but I make sure its still running a little on the rich side.

Theres no best way to do it all you really need to do is make sure you have the temp where it needs to be with enough fuel going through to motor to keep the piston and sleve completly lubricated at all times and of corse keep it at low rpms atleast untill the 4th tank.