RCU Forums - View Single Post - AXI 2208 Amp Draw_I'm Confused?
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 02:00 AM
wright3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AXI 2208 Amp Draw_I'm Confused?

My pockets aren't really deep enough so I must really be a dumb s---! I recently decided to put an E-Flite 370-5400 to a distruction test. This motor is a smaller version of their 400 motor. I used a 5.4/1 gear ratio and started adding pitch, starting with a 10x3.8. This was set up in a mini funtana. I was looking for speed and I really found it when I got to a 10x8. My watt meter said I was pulling 25 amps which is rediculous for the little 370 (factory says 8 amps; it's very happy with up to 15). I bolted up a heat sink and flew it. Great speed, wonderful verticle, a very nice pattern set up. I forgot all about the fact that it was pulling over 3 times the factory max and just enjoyed it. After about 10 15 minute flights, it was just beginning to loose it. It still flew the plane after 15 flights but it was no longer ballistic. In retrospect, It was a hard 225 minutes for that little motor and the experience tells me that if we would just keep our amp draw within reasonable limits, we'll see that these little brushless motors have incredible lifespans.

Randy