RCU Forums - View Single Post - VQ P-61 CONTRUCTION
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Build-n-flyer-RCU
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VQ P-61 CONTRUCTION

Well into final assembly now!

What a mess, I hope that I don't have to pull everything apart again any time soon. Wires going everywhere!

I was going to take some detail pics of the inside setups when everything was ready to go. But then we got motivated to assemble the plane and try it all out, and I didn't pull out the camera until assembly was well along. But I'll take pics up into the gear wells, etc. once the mess is cleaned up.

Actually, taking the plane apart shouldn't be too bad once all the final setup is complete. But I still hope I don't have to do it any time soon.

The receiver and all the controls will be located under the top cover. I built a false floor that the gunner now sits on- this allowed me to cut an access way from the fuse to the area above the wing. The batteries are mounted in the nose area since the plane balanced very tail-heavy even with the YS engines. It will be a lot easier to move a battery back under the top cover if I need to than it would be to move one forward!

I can't wait to button everything down, clean it all up again, and glue in the pilot, crew and canopies! The target for maiden is a week from this Sunday, right after our club's Fall IMAC contest. We'll see how things progress over the next week.

Walt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64469.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	324546   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm37165.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	324547