RCU Forums - View Single Post - New ZDZ-80
Thread: New ZDZ-80
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2005, 09:13 AM
Dangerous Dan
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New ZDZ-80

We stuffed this setup into a a WH35% Extra and stuck a MenzS26x10 on it It would go vertical instantly - unloading as it went -right from take off.
I switched it over to a big muffler can the largest JMB 30mm inlet one on a 5" header and put it in a H9 Edge.
This was setup for IMAC- .The new ZM 26x12 carbon fiber prop was later added and this setup running flat out was too fast in level flight for maneuvering.
Based on this comment I was asking if there was a 28x10 that you would recomend to slow it down a little I will only be flying IMAC.

I currently Have a 22x8 MSC on a BME 50 and Love it it has awsome breaking power and lands really slow!

I build my planes in reverse:

Research
Buy all Hardware and electronics
Buy Engine
Buy Plane

By the time i buy this engine 6-8 months there should be some good incowell mufflers avalable. If it is from bisson then I will order it direct from bisson with larger outlets ind the curved in tips cut flat.

Based on typical symiliar setups a Can will only give me about 100 or so more rpm's for 10 more OZ. Personally I like the sound of an in cowel muffler and I use throttle to get 5's on sound score.