RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3dhobbyshop.com Sabre
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2005, 01:39 AM
aflipz
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3dhobbyshop.com Sabre

Ok here are the finished pics.

I'm not too proud of my paint job. I was using a really cheap airbrush that broke down in the middle of the job and kind of ruined it. I ended up doinf it with a sponge brush, and made so many mistakes that layesr of paint cover the entire aircraft. It took about 3 ounces of pure fat! Mind you a single coat of this acrylic stuff brushed on, or a couple of light sprayed on coats would be just fine.

I am going to fly it like this for now. I am soon going to build some miss hangar one's (hydroplane/planes)and when i pull the radio gear to get one of those in the air i am seriously considering removing all the paint with thinner and spraying it really light in my friends shop.

here's a trick for the cowl. they say to use scotch tape. That's a drag to mess with at the field. So i took a little bit of epoxy stretched out 3:1 with microballoons to anchor some really small plastic parts i had left over from a gws foam build. these parts are bendeable plastic and have a hole in it the size of a micro rc car body pin. i bent them 90 degrees with the pierced end about 2.5mm away from the bend. Then i used the microballoons mix to stick it to the inside of the fuse, perforated part pointing up. one in front, one in back. this works great and will save me loads of time at the field. One could use a small piece of dental floss attached to the inside of the cockpit to hold each body pin, in order ot prevent loss at the field.

I haven't flown it yet.

My new setup;

new cc25 amp phoenix. has 3 amp bec now.
still four hs-50 servos
still 1320 tp 3 cell
920kv park 400 outrunner
11x4.7 prop *warning*

*I have not flown it yet. No idea if this setup works and is safe for all components and frankly i'm skeptical. That seems like a heck of a lot of prop for 10-13 amps max motor. I have a ampmeter/wattmeter on order. If weather clears up before i get it i might just be tempted to fly without testing. I did do some static pulls inside and it seemed fine, motor warm not hot (130f), esc room temperature. Pack nice and cool. Wants to hover just under 1/2 throttle, climbs slowly at 1/2 and seems to want to go tear a hole in the ceiling at wot. Response is instant. Looks good, it's just i have never seen any load tests with this setup and frankly i don't want to have problems with it.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35732.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	325096   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99063.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	325097