RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3dhobbyshop.com Sabre
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2005, 11:58 PM
aflipz
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3dhobbyshop.com Sabre

Nice reply! Right on all points aswell. For sure if it ends up any higher than 18oz i'm putting a more powerfull motor and pack in there, further adding another 2-4oz, but hey it'll fly right?

it does look like at the very least 10-15mph winds, the flag is held out perfectly straight. Plus you see it in the flight, at the begining of the video, he goes against the wind, does a banked left turn, and as soon as he's banked against the wind you see when he banks left his plane gets pushed back to the left of the screen very quickly, the prop isn't yet pointed in the direction that he is being pushed into.

What reassures me is the rolls he does at very low altitude, and the fact that it seems to track straight and true.

I DON'T think the extra 300s should be taken as a 3d plane in any way. I am actually interested in having a tough to fly plane, they bring out the best in pilots.

My first plane was also a estarter. What is your auw? Mine was PIG heavy, i don't remember how heavy, but i powered it with a speed 400 gearbox, it had gobs of epoxy all over and used a 2100mah 3 cell lipo. I gave it to a friend who is still to this day flying it, after like 10 crashes and the epoxy that involves. Ok, the estarter has a huge wing, it basically self levels and can lift an elephant. If i ever want to build a small electric photography plane i definitely use one of those with a light brushless lipo setup, use adhesives sparingly, leaving alot of room for payload.