RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Tigre G-75 Piston/Ring Problems
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 07:44 PM
Demigod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Tigre G-75 Piston/Ring Problems

I just got a used Super Tigre engine that was running great. It was very dirty so I decided to clean it. I competely dismantled and bathed it in antifreeze overnight. It's now almost new looking but i cannot get it to go back together. I know that it is a pinned ring setup. I can see the pin and I *believe* I marked the piston correctly so that its back in the correct place.... I did not take the ring off nor did I remove the piston head from its arm. I have the ring lined up with the pin when I attemp to insert it..I've been at this for hours but I cannot get the piston to go back into the sleeve. I have lots of lubrication involved and have even tried doing the opposite of what I did to take it off... which was to heat it up. After heating it up the sleeve slid in just like it slid out but when the piston slid up into the sleeve it was tight... too tight to turn things over... so I pulled it back out.... what am I doing wrong?????

When I look from the back of the engine, the piston has a marking on top that is at about 2 oclock... I THINK thats where it was at but now that I have been having so much trouble I just cannot be sure and there is nothing to be found online to show me for sure.

HEEELP!@