RCU Forums - View Single Post - VQ P-61 CONTRUCTION
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Build-n-flyer-RCU
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VQ P-61 CONTRUCTION

I brought the P-61 outside for the first time and fired up the engines this morning. The good news is that both of the YS 110's are running strong! No vibration issues, good idle, transition, top end, etc. The bad news is that I discovered that I broke the tip off one of the 4-blade props when the plane dropped off of the gear last night. And then the other slipped during an engine run this morning and ran into the spinner, scoring the prop up pretty good and bending the spinner a little. Arrrrgghhh!!! I know that you have to tighten the xxxx out of the nuts, and I haven't had one slip for a long time...

So I sent the wife to the LHS to pick up a second 2-blade spinner for the pair of APC 15x8's that I have. Actually, I was thinking of running these props for the maiden anyway just to make sure that there is no lack of power. At 9800 RPM and approx 15 lbs thrust each with the two-blades I am quite sure power will not be an issue!

Last pics before I take the plane to the field tomorrow...

The red/yellow background on the nose graphic was supposed to be red/orange so that the white lettering would show up. I'll get Stan to cut me another decal.

The wiring is neat now! You can see how I ran the wires to the main pods through the front bulkhead and under the panel that the gunner sits on.

We'll see how it flies tomorrow!

Walt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82509.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	328585   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35443.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	328586   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82019.jpg