RCU Forums - View Single Post - Changing frequency
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 04:40 PM
deli_conker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Changing frequency

Ok. I went to my normal flying park and checked out channel 20. Aside from something totally unrelated happening to my slow stick, everything was fine. I'm glad people kept their cool in this thread, unlike the other though. I can see the frustration about not being able to change channels ourselves, but also see the reasons why it's not always a good idea. At this point, for me at least, it's much ado about nothing as the nearest flying field is afraid of flying on my channel which means I won't have to worry about messing with them and I know that they won't be messing with me.

My brother is into ham radio, so I'm going to give him a call about it just to hear his viewpoint on frequency, tuning, etc. He may actually have the stuff necessary to make the "legal" changes. I'm still waiting to hear back from the FCC to see what they have to say though. I think I'm going to keep pressing this issue with them just so that the RC community may have some "official" resolution in this matter (assuming they care enough to write back).