RCU Forums - View Single Post - Who is selling Seidel radial engines?
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2005, 09:56 AM
Spuetz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Who is selling Seidel radial engines?

Hello Charles,

I don't have the setup yet to put video on the computer. My notebook is at it's limits anyhow... so when I get a new one I'll look into the video thing...

I am using pure methanol with 5% Oil. Most Seidel-Buffs here say that that's enough oil and the grease on the model is less. But I hardly ever run the Seidel at full power... . If you want to be on the safe side, use 7 % oil! I am using Aerosafe ore Aerosynth 3... I mix it myself...

As for the glow setup here's what I do (have I mentioned that before?): I am running double power supply on the big models as a personal safety standard. Now I run the current for the GLOW7 directly from one of the batteries (5-cell NMh 2400). The battery controller soon notices that that battery has less capacity and uses the other for the receiver and servos. Only if one battery had a problem the controller would take the power from the remaining, even if it is the one that drives the GLOW7. Since I use the GLOW7 only for starting of the engine and maybe for take off, there's always prenty of battery power... And this way I have only two batteries that I have to charge... Works great on my Stieglitz and will work on my Nieuport....

By the way, as battery controller I am using a microsens product as well: the SOLID 2.
The SOLID 2 is very lightweight, has a beeper that sounds when a problem occurs and that doubles as model finder and has a very safe switch (the unique feature of that switch: "closed" is turned OFF! "open" is turned ON. So in case of a cable or switch defect, the power is ON!) Also, when you turn it off, it still stays on for a couple of seconds, while beeping. So in case you turn it off accidentaly you'll notice it right away and can turn back on, before the power to the receiver is actually cut! I can highly reccomend this setup.

Cheers, Martin