RCU Forums - View Single Post - Reynald's number
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 11:11 PM
BMatthews

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Reynald's number

Originally posted by T28pilot
You know guys i just took over moderating this part of Rcu and you guys are really over my head........
So this means you won't know if we're flaming or talking naughty as long as we keep it all covered up with technical stuff?.......

Tee hee hee.....

Edit;

After reading more of this thread I'd like to offer a couple of thoughts.

Dick, I agree 100% with the thought that if a person can't explain an idea in layman's terms then they may not totally understand it. BUT...... I think it's also expecting too much for the recipient of that basic fundemental concept to be able to take it and apply it in a meaningful way. I think it should be enough that they go away with an appreciation that they need to look into the subject in more detail before they can use it in their own designs. There's only so much you can do with a 30 second Reader's Digest version. We have all that math and stuff for a reason after all.

But I can also see where some will find Ollie's responses, accurate and thorough though they are, a pretty thick wade through wet sand.

But in the end the instructions for building a sand castle can't be used to build a high rise apartment tower. If you want to move to the next level the audience needs to get more involved.