RCU Forums - View Single Post - Moki 2.10
Thread: Moki 2.10
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2003, 07:35 PM
Staggerwings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moki 2.10

I agree. Although I have no way to measure static thrust, I'm sure I'm not getting 25 lb. According to Gerard's information, the engine should be proped to run at 7000-8500 rpm on the ground. Does this suggest the engine achieves maximum torque within that range? I'd like to do some more experimentation, but at $15+ per prop, I'll hold off for now. I have enough performance to do IMAC type of maneuvers and I now have down-line braking...something I REALLY wanted. Ideally, I'd like to dyno the engine to see exactly where it reaches peak torque and then prop accordingly. I bought my engine used on the plane, but it runs and idles so well that I feel it was broken in properly. I wonder if I could get away with something like a 22 X 6? Do you like your Patty? I saw a full-scale Extra fly for the first time last weekend and fell in love with them. Try a 20 X 8 in the Menz and see what you think. I never noticed a change in top speed (something I rarely do anyway) after changing to the 8 from the 10.