RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes Seawind
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2005, 04:03 PM
dgswheels

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes Seawind

I AM PISSED! i didn't realize that it was not a true amphibian. even the greatplanes website states that if you buy the optinal retracts that you have total acess to land as well as water. that was the entire point of me ordering the seawind. i wanted to be able to taxi off into the lake, retract the gear and take off from the water. and the land on the water, put the gear down and run up onto the bank. and now that i have spent over $1000.00 including almost 300.00 for the retracts i find out the entire system doesn't do what it was advertised to do. i have called great planes and registered my complaint. i'm sure to no avail. it does say in the tech notes that the front retract has to be covered to fly from water but the tech notes were only added to the website in the past week. i even have looked at the manual online and nowhere in the manual does it say that you can not use the plane as a true amphibian. i have had this plane ordered for over six weeks and have had the retracts for over three weeks. i wish all who have an interest in this plane would call greatplanes and complain. thier phone number is 1-800-637-7660. even on the greatplanes website on the seawind page it states in the very first paragraph that if you purchase the optional retracts you have total access to land and water. this is obviously false advertising if not a total lie. i really have no recourse since i have already bought everything and i have even alreay bought and broke in a saito 100. i hope anyone that already has this plane on order cancels there order immediatly. greatplanes needs to be taught a lesson.