RCU Forums - View Single Post - VQ P-61 CONTRUCTION
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Build-n-flyer-RCU
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: VQ P-61 CONTRUCTION

My P-61 flies!!!

My buddy Bill took the plane up twice today, the first flight to trim it out, and the second to do a little "stress testing".

Here is a link to video of the second flight- it includes not only the takeoff and landing, but also a high speed pass, "F-14" style vert runs, a loop and a roll. Thanks to my wife Teresa for not only putting up with me during the build, but also for taking the video!!

[link=http://flytrca.org/video1.html]P-61 Video Page[/link]

The two YS 110's are a whole bunch of engine for this plane. Takeoff was at less than 1/2 throttle. The only time that Bill opened it up all the way was the one pass and vertical runs. I still don't have the 4-blade props but I think they are going to work well, probably still a bit insane.

Both flights were absolutely flawless. Some down trim on the elevator and a couple clicks on the ailerons was all the trim that was needed. The plane tracked great, the gear operated flawlessly, the flaps were predictable at 30%, take-offs and landings were uneventful, and the YS engines ran great.

I'm going to take a shot at the sticks Saturday morning.

Thanks to everyone here for the support and advice, especially SamP for starting and doing a great job on the build thread. The info was a tremendous help!

Walt