RCU Forums - View Single Post - C-124 Globemaster
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2002, 09:26 PM
William Robison
My Feedback: (3)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default C-124 Globemaster

Max:

Vague thoughts about a later York with a trike set up, one of the attempts to get commercial acceptance - didn't work. Can't even remember who built it. Think A. V. Roe (later Avro). This was when deHavilland was building the Lancastrian. Another failure. (Or was it Avro with the Lancastrian?) Merlin engines. And while we are remembering great British airliners, let's not forget Bristol and the Brabazon. But Vickers was very successful with the Viscount.

And Bill:

When I was a kid I'd ride my bike to the airport and wander the flight line, bumming local VFR rides. Probably had several hundred hours before my first official instruction, soloed with less than four hours logged.

Then our society suffered the attack of the hungry lawyers. And it has not recovered.

So long as we are digressing from the original theme of the thread, what are your nominations for professions that seem to be primarily populated by scum? I nominate lawyers.

But I have known some lawyers who were really good people so let's stay on the light side.

I was standing by a street corner with a companion when a lawyer we both knew dashed into the street, into the path of a bus which struck and killed him. "Well," I said to Bob, "That's a start." "Yep," he agreed, "But the b******s breed like flies!"

My definition of heaven, someone else paying for my B-57.

Bill.