RCU Forums - View Single Post - e-flite mini edge 540
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 09:12 AM
staudman
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: e-flite mini edge 540

I also recently finished my E Flite Edge.
This was my second airframe from E Flite and was a much better experience than the Ultimate I ppurchased last Spring.
The Kit was bought from my LHS (Riders) in SE Mi. and was a very impressive purchase!!
I am amased by the prefab and everything was right.
Covering good,Parts fit Great,hinging was good.and the attention to detail was phemomal.
I have been involved in IMAC for many years so this little electric stuff has been a learning curve...
I am using the Himax 2025 W/CC Phoenix 25 and Apogee 2000ma LiPo cells from TBM.
I did strip the gears on my first flight attempt so I need some info on what gears and prop will work best...I was using a 12-6 APCSF on the standard gear that came with the motor...Now I need a new pinion ...and maybe the big gear as well.
Any thoughts?
The down side was the rarward CG with servos ,battery and linkages installed where they needed to be.
I had to add 2.5 oz of lead to tghe front underside of the cowl to make it balance at the middle of the recomended range....butI am now ready to fly ...
I did get as far as a the take off,but the gears stripped after a few short seconds...but it popped off the ground with style!!
[sm=bananahead.gif]