RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/2A 150ish Build
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2005, 09:16 AM
ptulmer
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/2A 150ish Build

ORIGINAL: combatpigg
...........The plans' main value is that the designer has a layout that will balance out with the indicated gear, the indicated gear will fit, the RTF weight will be what the builder desires and the final flight characteristics will be something akin to what the builder is seeking.
Weeeell, This one was drawn using "empirical data". Thus the need for a guinea pig. CP, that's alot of good advice.

cwrr5, keep "nit picking". The plans are NOT finished. You're 100% right about finding the piddly stuff on the first build. Whether or not this thing will ever be called "trainer" will be up to you. The "150ish" was started about the same time Bipe posted his trainer. His filled the need for a 1/2a trainer nicely. so after awhile I got the idea for making it sure-start size. It was reborn under the idea of a possible high wing sporty type. I REALLY don't know what the final result will be. If it's about a pound AUW, it may be an OK trainer. If it's less.... At any rate, keep posting the tidbits. The Bill-of-materials will be really handy.

For the torque rods, consider burying them in epoxy. You can sink a 2-56 rod in some pretty thin stuff and it's stronger than any other method I've tried.