RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-FLIGHT BLADE CP
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2005, 07:03 PM
kokamo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-FLIGHT BLADE CP

ORIGINAL: hdbint

I bought a blade a few weeks ago and couldn't be happier. I have no prior experience other than a few hours sim time about 5 years ago.

I saw the micro heli stuff about a month ago and thought it would be great BC no build time and parts are fairly inexpensive so I picked one up along with an extra battery. I couldn't help myself, a CP heli for 220 bucks? Amazing!

After the first battery to pre flight check / blade tracking, day one ended early on the second battery with a bent spindle, broken skid and a few cuss words. (It was fun...I flew it like I stole it.) I ordered ordered a spindle on line (LHS didn't have one) along with a bunch of other spare parts just in case and a training gear. I found [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3131294/anchors_3131294/mpage_1/key_blade/anchor/tm.htm#3131294]Bdavidsons E-Flite Blade Assemby[/link]link and absorbed as much knowledge as I could there and other threads as I patiently waited for my parts to arrive.

Well the day my parts were to arrive we had a little problem called Rita making landfall just to the east of us. Needless to say, my package was delayed.....almost a week. Parts FINALLY arrived and I got'er set up per Bdavidson's thread and the sticky collective fix.

Third charge was used to scoot across the livingroom floor on the training gear. Fourth.....I went ahead and decided to break the gear from the ground. I achieved 5 controled hovers in the living room about 6" to 1'-0" off the floor. They were tail in's and short in time (2-5 secs) but ohhh so sweet. I just tried to keep a cool head and made sure I was watching for trouble. At the first sign of it, I would put her down.

For us new guys, I would say that you can learn on the Blade. I have heard that it is not the easiest helicopter to learn on but so many have made it their first helicopter. To the new guys I give the following advice: GET THE TRAINING GEARS, they have made a world of difference so far for me. Learn how your BCP moves by getting the skids off the floor but don't let the training gear leave the groung until you feel very comfortable with it. Be careful BC when you get her skids off the ground, she'll move pretty fast on that training gear.

For you experienced guys, Thanks for sharing your knowledge on the board. It has helped me tremendously.

I have a long way to go but I am having a blast doing it and have only trashed a few parts (I'm sure they won't be the last). I did notice that once I set the heli up properly, it was so much smoother than it was out of the box.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks for listening,
Brian
Very nice reply Brian. Thanks.

Thanks to you all. This is making me get more motivated in buying a BCP. I just have to save a couple of more pennies to buy it. I also need to sell a couple of things on ebay to get to the point of getting spare parts also. Thanks again guys, I will steadyly be watching this thread to see any more talk about out little heli's!

Joe