RCU Forums - View Single Post - e-flite mini edge 540
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 07:08 AM
elenasgrumpy
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: e-flite mini edge 540

Wow, I feel pretty lucky after reading some of you guys unfortunate experiences with this new plane. I just got back from Carmel after spending a couple days with my father, building this Mini Edge together. We had a great time, been about 40 years since we've had the chance to do a plane together, not since I was a little boy! Anyway mine went together great! I was able to open the box @ Sheldon's Hobbies in San Jose, Ca. to hand pick mine so to speak. So there were no issues with wrinkled covering. It was beautiful right out of the box! Wings lined up perfectly, hinging was a breeze, all hinge slots were lined up correctly ( but I do chase them a little with the x-acto before I test fit them as I do with any ARF). Vertical stab was perfect with no sanding needed. wing & tail feathers lined up perfectly. I did opt to tackle the pull-pull and am glad I did! It is very smooth and puts that servo forward. I have Hitech 55s on the ailerons and the new e-flites on the pull-pull & the elevator. They are a little loud but they seem strong & fast. Went with the E-Flite 400/4200kv and the stock gear box for now. They go on pretty addamently about properly meshing that gear box, so we took our time & got it right, if it becomes a problem I will go to the Cobri that DMACK mentioned in the other posts. Haven't set the CG yet as I am waiting on a 3 cell in the mail. I only have a 2 cell apogee wich I used to set everything up with. It feels like it wants to hang on the prop with the 2 cell! So I have to say I am extremely pleased with the purchase of this plane. My dad has been building model airplanes for 60 years now, as well as being a real pilot for almost as many years, & he was amazed at the quality & attention to detail that was put into this ARF. This plane came out absolutely Gorgeous! Will post some pics later this evening. So in conclusion, I either got very lucky & ended up with a real nice one, or the original poster unfortunately happened to get a bad one. I do hope you are able to get it all straightened out & still end up with a nice little airplane when it is all said & done. Mark T.