RCU Forums - View Single Post - E-FLIGHT BLADE CP
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2005, 02:19 PM
bdavison
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-FLIGHT BLADE CP

I just got a set of the carbon blades yesterday...and finally got around to fixing my gyro. Carbon blades are really nice. If youve gotten to the point where you dont doink blades very often...go for the carbon ones. They are really sharp looking on the heli, and they are made FAR better than the wood ones. Nice hollow core carbon blades. High gloss finish, straight carbon grain. really well made.

Performance wise....not much difference between them and the wood ones. They do seem to track much better, and collective changes seem faster, but Im not positive.

If you fly over dirt....DEFINATLY go get some. Im occasionally planting mine in the dirt trying something stupid. One hit on the wood blades and the ends look like they exploded. My carbon blades have taken a few dirt hits, and it doesnt faze them. Not even a nick or scratch.

I do however wish that they had painted the tips or something. I airbrushed the tips of mine with a bright yellow stripe to match the canopy. Looks pretty sharp if you ask me.

My old gyro died on me a while back, so I've been flying around with no gyro. Finally, got a new gyro for my heli. Its the new 4-in-1 box with a clear case. I dont know what they did to the new ones, but the gyro locks in much better than the old ones. If you toast something in it, you dont have to void the warrenty to find out if it toasted either...you can now just look through the clear case.

Now if we could just find some carbon fiber flybar paddles. A nice MD500 fuselage kit, and then I'd be happy.

Have any of you managed to do any flips with rotations at the tops or anything? I wanna try it, but I dont know about that tail. I can do loops, stall turns, inverted hovering (a little), and rolls, and a funky looking tornado, but Im wanting to really get on it, and try something tight and wild.