RCU Forums - View Single Post - savage top speed?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 06:03 AM
^Horatio>

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: savage top speed?

ORIGINAL: Polar_Bus

ORIGINAL: ^Horatio>

My Savage has had more track success than any Revo where we race, and interestingly it has always had a higher top speed on the straight, too. I've always been more interested in lap times than top speed, likwise I tend to gear my MT to the track rather than any other variable. On the other hand, there's no harm in knowing how fast your Savage goes flat out, wide open, on different gearings.

Then your buddy needs to learn how to drive and tune his Revo. At my local track, there isn't ONE competitive Savage that can run even close to a Revo (driver skill being equal). Revos handle awesome as far as a race truck. My track now has a "1/8 Savage only" class to keep things more fun and fair.
Note I said 'ANY' Revo - there are numerous ones. Of course, driving and tuning skills are prime issues. But for the kind of tracks where I race - large, bumpy grass tracks with long straights and technical infield sections - the Revo has always struggled. Stock Revo's never stood a chance - underpowered, too softly sprung, over-geared. To be fair, my Savage is harldy stock though. Most of the remaining Revo's now have aftermarket engines and other mods. Whilst they perform better, when you look at the MT scene in the UK as a whole (you may need a looking glass - cos' we aint largin' it like you guys!!), the Revo hasn't really lived up to it's USof A reputation.

That's not to say it isn't a good MT, because clearly it is.

It would strike me that the Savage drivers at YOUR track are the ones that need to learn how to drive and tune their Savages. Perhaps you could use some grass seeds too..........

I'm certainly not about to jump on the 'Savages can't be raced' band wagon. But nice try.....