RCU Forums - View Single Post - This is what happens when....
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2005, 06:39 PM
LearjetMech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This is what happens when....

I think it might of been one of our CRJ's. We were actually just talking about it last week. It was 12 screws left out of the horizontal leading edge if my memory serves me right. I do have to agree with DeltaMech though. I see some pilots intentionally right up stuff that is not in the MEL so it has to be worked. And wouldn't you know it their duty time expires in 4 hours!!! Stuff like aft maintenance bay light inop. The best one was "wing root leading edge missing chaffe tape". I mean c'mon now, the plane aint going down due to an inop light in the hell hole!!! Not in the MEL, GROUNDED!!! I get the occasional customer that will slip me a $20 or take me out to lunch if I drag my feet and help him miss a flight because they want to play golf in Dallas, or catch a race, or a Cowboys game. We call it "P.U.S.S." syndrome. Or Pilot Under Sudden Sickness. Sickness could be physical, but mostly mental. We had one pilot ask us to delay him cause his cat died and he was mourning his loss!!!! I would cut off my testicles to fly some of this equipment they are using in the GA arena. Smokes the airlines. I took an american pilot down to the shop and he said it is far more advanced then even the 777. He was blown away! What a shame some people take things for granted.
We all chose our professions to an extent. Mechanics complain cuz we keep em flying and get payed about 1/3 of a captain. Pilots complain cuz they cant go home if the mechanic screws up! Pilots and mechanics both screw up. We dont want to but it happens. There is so much pressure on the mechanic this day and age due to the reduced workforce and cutbacks. You will always have a co-pilot next to you and an engineer if req. But the mechanics are very overworked which leads to undue stress which leads to forgetfulness sometimes. Sorry it is the truth!!