RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 05:39 PM
BradSD
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

I been flying mine for about one month, things are going great so far. I built mine stock with flaps. The flaps really aid in landing and taking off. I have had some ballooning effect but it really helps out on the stall speed. I used the .90 supertiger and it flys the plane scale like. I used one servo with the bell cranks hope you are wrong on them coming loose. I was trying to save as much weight as possible and I figured TF knew what they were doing. The roll rate is scale however, sorta slow, I usually nose up a little before doing one. Verticle is limited but good. The plane is beautiful on a high speed pass. I did beef up the landing gear so far no problems there. Have had one scarry aborted landing, plane sorta lifeted off on its own below stall speed, looked ugly but I chopped throttle and had a hard landing, everything okay. I tried to post with pictures but the post never showed up here. If they show up later triple posted I apologize in advance. The plane is pictured now in my gallery.
Brad