RCU Forums - View Single Post - CALLING ALL "TAURUS" OWNERS.
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Diablo-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CALLING ALL "TAURUS" OWNERS.

ORIGINAL: bpryor

ORIGINAL: Diablo-RCU

ORIGINAL: Bob Laine

They are "TAURUS. They are designed by Taurus, and produced to their specifications. by MAHLE. As a matter of fact, most the cylinders you named are also produced by Mahle.
Really? So Taurus purchases a different 52cc cylinder/piston than Fox, Brison, or Makita?

Ok, tell me Diablo, what difference does it make if they have Tinker Toy cylinders if they run fantastically, are smooth, powerful and are one of the most reliable motors out there? In other words, what's your point?
The point is that Bob said there was a new 107 in development that used cylinders designed by Taurus. There is a big difference in "designed by" and "used by". If Taurus didn't design it, then it's not their design. The cylinders/pistons on a two-stroke are the most important aspect of the engine when it comes to determining the power output. The cylinders contain the ports, which determine the gas flow velocity, intake, transfer and exhaust duration, squish geometry, compression ratio, spark plug placement, and tuning response with the exhaust system. The reason I wanted to know who designed the cylinders is because I simply wanted to know if Taurus was optimizing cylinders/porting by designing their own for r/c. There are other manufacturers that started up using common cylinders for industrial applications and adapted them to r/c. Some have decided that they can make a better engine for r/c by designing their own cylinders with the parameters optimized for r/c. It isn't voodoo or magic, it's engineering.