RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 03:24 PM
BradSD
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

A larger engine would be ideal in the plane. With a ST g-90 in mine it is underpowered, the loops are not big and round like I would like. The Vertical is very limited as well, if I pull back and go straight up I run out of power within about 200 feet (maybe less), then the plane will nose over and recover quickly. Another added benifit would be the extra weight in the nose, I had to add about 6 oz of lead in the nose of mine. So yes I highly encourage a larger engine, the OS 1.20 I think would be perfect match. Might as well add engine instead of lead. I have another one in the box and plan to do things right on it. Now if I could just get the time to do it. The earilier post on the flaps was dead on, I do not recommend them on take off but on landing they help out a lot. They caused me to leave the ground to early in my roll out so from now on they will only be used on landings. I plan to learn all I can on my current plane and let it get all the bumps and nicks then maybe the next one will look pretty for awhile. Keep the thread going let us know how your build is going and whatever comments you may have about it.
Later,
Brad