RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pay It Forward Build Thread!! Sig LT-40 build
Old 10-09-2005, 10:05 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Pay It Forward Build Thread!! Sig LT-40 build

First step, place the box on your work area and make sure you have plenty of room. Open the box and remove the instruction manual and the plan sheets. At this point, CLOSE THE BOX BACK UP. I know, I know, you're all excited about the brand new kit you just got home with and this is going to be hard to do, but you need to do it. Leave everything in the box (except the instructions and plans) for now.

READ THE INSTRUCTIONS COMPLETELY.

There isn't a better way of saying it than that, but read the instructions. Yes, it is dull reading but this is probably the most important thing you can to do help ensure successful build. I can't count how many times I have seen somebody open the box, the manual, and a bottle of glue and start building the plane, and yes the results will show (anybody remember Chad? Opps, did I say that out loud). Sometimes instruction manuals will have steps that aren't quite clear about a step, but in later steps it will become clear as to why something needs to be done a certain way. Also, as you read you may find that there are things you want to be aware of when you get to a step, this is the time to start making notes in the instruction manual. Also, as you read the manual cross reference to the plans. The plans will help you understand things in the instructions. The manual and the plans should be used hand in hand. Don't pick up any wood, glue, or a knife until you COMPLETELY understand every step in the manual.

Now, on to the next step. Re-read the manual. Arrrggghhhhh. I hear you all groaning out there. I'm just trying to point out how important this is. This is probably the most important thing you can do to help ensure a successful build, understanding what you are going to be doing. I usually read the instructions 3 times before I start the build. Then as I build I will re-read the step I am getting ready to do, this will refresh in my mind what I need to do and let me make notice of any notes or special instructions I may have made when I was reading them initially.

Pictures
1. Opened box.
2. Instruction manual removed.

Until next time

Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd92957.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	129.5 KB
ID:	336808   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id97160.jpg
Views:	285