RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please help before my next crash...
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Gryphon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help before my next crash...

***Questions are on the bottom of this page***
I am running 11.1+ volts to a car motor designed for 7.2 Volts. I know I know, go brush-less. I will later, but for now I want a fix.
I have a problem, with my moving surfaces twitching and my electric motor surging.
When the speed control and the receiver were moved apart, the problem seemed to go away. So I mounted the speed controller out side/above the foam body (1 or 2 inches aboe the Rx) of my electric plane for its maiden flight. I lost control after the first 10 seconds. I am in the process of transferring the equipment to another foam body.

***The motor continued to stay on even though I reduced the throttle all the way down.***

The motor is from a car; 19 turn double, factory modified.
Speed controller is a unit from Castle creations 55A continuous.
Battery is a 4200 mah Thunder Tiger 3S2P, 11.1V. 64A Cont, 84-100 A Max.
Spinning 7X4 prop @ 23000+ RPM

***My receiver is a small 6 channel Rx from Hitec made to work with JR Tx. This has been in 50+ crashes on a Zaggi.***

I am going to put in my 7ch JR receiver.

***********Why the crash? **************

1) Was that motor (drawing 50A max, 40 A Continuous) putting out too much interference,
Was the speed control putting out interference under some load?
Was it that it could have been a bad receiver only or a combination of the above.

2) How can I prevent this, can I shield an item? Which one? Remember I need air flow for ESC.

3) How far should the ESC and receiver be from each other?

4) Is there a test/couple of tests that would help?

Thank you all in advance.

Gryphon