RCU Forums - View Single Post - MAAC zone Re-org?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2005, 01:26 PM
Wayne Miller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MAAC zone Re-org?

Hi Jim,

I've been President of a club for some time now, MAAC has never notified me of any meetings, or any procedures, information etc. that they expect from club presidents.

So, after reading this post, and in an attempt to find out more, I went to the MAAC site and could not find any reference to president's meetings, club meetings etc.

Just to let you know, the only contact I get from MAAC is when I initiate it - this is usually for pilot pins etc. In fact, I even had to reidentify that I was the club president ( I had sent them the information months before, to reconfirm, I sent copy of original email and response thier original reesponse ).

I'm sure there must be a ZD or MAAC representative that will want to attend one of our meetings to discuss the benefits of MAAC - but I'm not sure how, or when this contact will be made. The only information that seems to be distributed by MAAC, to clubs, presidents etc. seems to be through the MAAC magazine.

Opps! Sorry, they did send me a bi-plane jacket badge in an envelope - no description of why or what it was for. I'm guessing it was for the "best looking model pilot in Canada".

If you know what is expected of club presidents in relation to MAAC (meetings, voting, etc.), can you please let me know, or advise me where this information is posted? Thanks. Phone calls to the MAAC office seem to go unheeded or are not much help.

Fly4Fun,

Wayne

ORIGINAL: Jim_McIntyre

They do ... it's called the Club Presidents meeting.
If you're not getting your issues to your club's president, or they're not getting them to your ZD then don't blame MAAC.