RCU Forums - View Single Post - 4 Star 60 Pushrod Conversion...
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2005, 10:54 PM
Lowlevlflyer
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 4 Star 60 Pushrod Conversion...

Didnt say I dont like a cable system, in fact I've seen some planes where that is the only way to run the throttle linkage. What I did say is that the "stock" cable throttle linkage that comes with the 4* 60 ARF (and I am assuming that it is the same one that comes with the kit version as well) is NOT a quality setup. The cable is flimsy, I dont care how much tube is used. I set mine up EXACTLY as the directions stated, and the cable would kink at the servo end almost EVERY time it was actuated. There was no binding or friction interfering with the cable, it just simply was not strong enough to work without kinking up. After fiddling with it I did finally add a larger tube over the stock tube on that end to try and stiffen it up. Also added a piece of light ply with a hole in it to run the tube through, as an extra support between the throttle servo and the fuselage former directly behind the fuel tank. Still no dice, it would still kink up. I jacked with it and finally got it working about 90 percent of the time, but as soon as I used the throttle cut function on my transmitter to kill the engine, the cable would kink as soon as the throttle was advanced again, EVERY time. For me, it just wasnt worth the headache. I know for a fact that the linkage I have now will work EVERY time, and I dont have to worry about it.