RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 ARF .60
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2005, 06:19 PM
jucava

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 ARF .60

I just maiden my Ultimate this weekend, and what a sweet thing. Cam I must tell you that my knife edge was amazing, all biplanes has a little couple, I make sure that in my planes all the incidences were 0 yes 0 and I know the manual and web site say the horizontal stab. should be +2.5 but what the heck I make my choice to zero it and I'm happy.

I'm an instructor an a check pilot in my club and this is the first time that a plane don't need a single click of trimming, I have read about in magazines but I didn't believe this happen to real people; now I'm a believer.

The rolls very so axial and the loops so round it make me look like a much better pilot. I didn't replace the inter-ailerons pushrods to 4-40 but instead a put a carbon fiber tube over the pushrods to add stiffness(less weight and same outcome), my engine is a Saito 100 turning a Master Airscrew 15x6 and I also use 2 tail servos for the elevators and a pull-pull for the ruder. Also the CG is at 3" from the leading edge at the bottom wing root.

I change the cover didn't like the blue and yellow, and make it red, black and white bottom, I'll post some pictures latter, this process took me 10 months and I'm very happy with the results.

But the cherry on top of the cake was the flat spin, it was so incredible beautiful I almost cry so flat and spinning slowly very slowly, barely losing altitude. I love this plane, but I must confess I also love my Super Skybolt very much.