View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 08:54 AM
CGRetired
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Excelleron 90 build in progress

Hi Gordy.

Thanks for the reply.

So far, I am using stock hardware with the exception of the pull-pull system, which is sullivan coated kevlar instead of the metal wire system. As I said, probably paranoia on my part with multiple lengths of metal parallel with the antenna. But, as people have told me, it works just fine as is. I am still going to use the Sullivan system instead.

Interesting idea about the Icepoint canopy and front gear. I fully understand the prop clearance issue, as is, it is pretty 'low' and with the tail dragger setup, the tail is almost above the nose.. not so, but you know what I mean. I am not used to the fuselage being so straight and parallel with the ground like that, but it looks sleek.

Depending on the weather here in NJ, I may fly this weekend, but if not, I will push forward on the build. I would love to have it finished and maidened before the 'season closes' here in NJ. We have a few that set 50 degres F as their low limit for when not to fly. Personally, I will fly to about 40. Below that, it's damned cold behind that propwash and sitting on the flight line without moving anything but fingers and thumbs..ha.

I'll post more as I get more done.

DS.