RCU Forums - View Single Post - Here's all my "alloy" bits
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2005, 04:39 AM
jimbo1890

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here's all my "alloy" bits

I thought I'd show everyone the "alloy" bits and pieces that I have so far. I know I dont have as much "alloy" as some people but I aim to purchase more "alloy" in the near future.

here is a definition of Aluminium I found when I googled
aluminum (É™lÅ«'mÄ*nÉ™m) , called in British countries aluminium (ăl'yÅ«mÄ*n'Ä“É™m) , metallic chemical element; symbol Al; at. no. 13; at. wt. 26.98154; m.p. 660.37°C; b.p. 2,467°C; sp. gr. 2.6989 at 20°C; valence +3.

Aluminum is a silver-white metal with a face-centered cubic crystalline structure. It is a member of group IIIa of the periodic table. It is ductile, malleable, and an excellent conductor of heat and electricity. The pure metal is soft, but it becomes strong and hard when alloyed. Although less conductive than copper wire of the same diameter, aluminum wire is often used for high-tension power transmission because it is lighter and cheaper. Although it is chemically very reactive, aluminum resists corrosion by the formation of a self-protecting oxide coating. It is rapidly attacked by alkalies (such as lye) and by hydrochloric acid.
"The pure metal is soft, but it becomes strong and hard when alloyed."

I don't know about some others here but my "alloy" is both hard and strong.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99243.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	345235   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91964.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	345236   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fk15415.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	41.2 KB