RCU Forums - View Single Post - GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair
Old 10-30-2005, 06:49 PM
wulf190
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GROUP BUILD - Top Flite Giant Scale F4U Corsair

OneWing, Looks great. That's very reassuring to hear. Glad you're speaking up, Bob and I have been carrying the thread for a while

Bob, I'm using the Fiberglass Specialties cowl. There's a pic of it early in the thread. I just cut out the plywood radial ring from the plan template just as it was where only the area in front of the engine is cut out. The bottom of the rear cowl will have to have a vent hole as I see it. I think Sagacity shows how it looks on his plane somewhere on the site somewhere, or OneWing, if you've got a shot of the engine area with the cowl on, send it our way.

Looks like for around twenty bucks I can get two microservos for the tail doors that will weigh only about a half an ounce for the two of them which is acceptable, so I may save some engineering work and use those back there if they'll fit. It'll for sure save an hour or two getting the linkage hooked up, and I can adjust the travel on the doors through the TX to keep it from binding. I may have to get one of those electronic sequencers unless I can remember to open the doors before slamming the gear down.