RCU Forums - View Single Post - GREAT PLANES FLATOUTS
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 02:17 PM
CByrne1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GREAT PLANES FLATOUTS

I recently completed a FLATOUTS REFLECTION Bi-Plane and I have to agree that it didn't take any 2 to 3 hours to complete. My wife will contend that it was on the kitchen table for about a month, waiting for days at a time for the thick foam safe CA to dry and for weeks waiting for additional and or replacement materials to rebuilt the botched mess I made of others. Well, it's finally together, but my major concern now is that the aleron servo has a very difficult time moving all of the linkage that's associated with the 4 alerons. I guess there is twice the torque required for the Bi-Plane as for any of the single wing Flatouts. I have used thin viscosity plastic safe oil, but there is so much tension in their Z connectors (as anyone who has ever attempted to squeez them together will attest) that there's no room for the lubricant in the joint. I am now faced with dissambling the entire aleron system and drilling the holes out to eliminate friction and drag. That should be at least another two hour project. Has anyone else figured out how to deal with this problem ?

Thanks for listening