RCU Forums - View Single Post - WHERE TO BUY CMP PLANES?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 10:30 AM
mirwin
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: WHERE TO BUY CMP PLANES?

ORIGINAL: proulxlaw

Your advice assumes that there will be a second flight. When a plane is that tail heavy there is not usually a second flight.

Second, if you took the time to review the rest of the thread rather than to jump in and offer your worldly advice after reading 1 or 2 posts you probably wouldn't have posted the above comments.

Third, while you consider the plane a toy, it could cause serious injury as a result of CMP's lack of dilligence in testing the information it provided to the consumer.

Fourth, if someone whines loud enough, CMP might be pursuaded to make the information more accurate so that even geniuses like yourself can be assured of putting a safe product in the air. I can afford another plane or a dozen if I choose to buy them. What I can't afford is wasting the time to put another one together because CMP didn't expend enough effort to provide reasonably accurate information.

Fifth, when one company is sued and loses, it raises the bar for all and forces them to provide a product that is an ARF when they advertise and hold their product out as such.

Sixth, think your advice through before you write.

Proulxlaw, I've been following this thread from the beginning. Although I don't ordinarily get involved in contentious topics such as yours, preferring to enjoy our hobby and the others who so enthusiastically participate in these forums, your postings compel me to respond.

We don’t know you, Proulxlaw. We have no idea how proficient you are at building an ARF, and we don’t know if you are a rooky flyer or an experienced flyer. We don’t even know if you have ever held a transmitter in your hands before.

There are dozens of reasons that a model won’t fly correctly. For example, I have a Goldberg Tiger 2 that, despite the fact that it was built and set up by one who has built 98 model kits, it just won’t fly well. Is it Goldberg’s fault? The builders? My flying abilities? Sun spots? Frequency interference? A vast right-wing conspiracy? I don’t know, and I don’t really care. I’ll eventually figure out what’s wrong, and fix it during the winter. And I’ll have a little fun while doing it.

Go ahead, and file suit if you can’t accept that we participate in a complex hobby and that sometimes – as in our daily lives – things just don’t work the way they’re suppose to. As the truckers say, “Sometimes you’re the windshield, and sometimes you’re the bug.”

But please take your rantings somewhere beyond the RCU forums. We just aren’t interested.

Mike