RCU Forums - View Single Post - Funtana 40?
Thread: Funtana 40?
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 04:12 PM
iflynething

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Funtana 40?

I remember telling someone on my other thread about how I moved the blind nuts and everything. I just bought a Great Planes adjustable engine mount. It wasn't that hard to get the mount center.

First you have to measure and find the middle of the engine mount on all sides. Draw a line where the center is on the mount. Then find the center of the firewall on each side. You will have to be careful because on the left and right side you just and measure and get the center since you have the right side a little shorter. But when you find the center of the engine mount, and the centers on the firewall, then you line up the lines you made on the engine mount and the lines on the firewall, and then mark where the holes on the engine mount are. Take out the stock blind nuts, and the mark where you made where the engine mounts at, you drill holes right there, and move the blind nuts to fit wherever the engine mount mounts.

I hope this helps. I know it is very hard to use the stock engine mount for the Saito. That's why I opted just to get the .91-1.20 adjustable engine mount my great planes. I used that, and it works fine. I mounted the engine as far back to where the carb was touching the back of the engine mount.

Please e-mail or PM me if you have any other questions about moving the blind nuts around. I might could get some pictures if my plane comes back.

Hope this helps.

As for the landing gear, I bought mine from Fiber-Lite ([link=http://www.fiber-lite.com]Fiber-Lite Home Page[/link]). I love them. You could also go with TnT ([link=http://www.tntlandinggear.com]TnT Gear Home Page[/link]) They have good stuff.

I don't remember what the dimensions on the Fiber-Lite gear was, but you can look on their site. I know I have about 2 to over 3 inches of clearence even with a 15 inch prop.

~Michael~