RCU Forums - View Single Post - Any advice, tips, encouragement would be appreciated!
Old 11-07-2005, 03:39 PM
b52guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Any advice, tips, encouragement would be appreciated!

Before you go on the snapon truck – if you haven’t already - keep in mind that snapon and the other tool companies offer a student discount program of you’re enrolled in an automotive or aircraft maintenance school. In many cases, you can purchase at 50% off of their list price. Most Snapon guys won’t tell you this because what they really want is your money. It’s best to check the snapon website first since many of the trucks have higher prices to pay for their trucks, gas, etc… Snapon discount program is somewhat limited, MACTO also has one which gives you a better selection but is also limited.

I found that MAC Tools has probably the best student discount program with little strings attached. It’s all 50% off their website price and you can either go through their 1-800 number or find a local MAC tools dealer to order.

There’s also a Mac dealer in Virginia who’s also a retired aircraft mechanic and designed an A&P starter kit just for beginner students. It’s a sweet deal and he also allowed me to customize this to my needs and everything arrived in a week.

Oh, by the way, when I went to warranty some of my Craftsman tools but they wouldn’t warranty them because they said it applies only to home use and since I’m working in an industrial environment the warranty doesn’t apply. So, the lesson learned is when you go to Craftsman, don’t tell them it broke on the job.