RCU Forums - View Single Post - Have you ever Known you were crashing a plane and couldn't save it?
Old 11-09-2005, 01:05 AM
viperdude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Have you ever Known you were crashing a plane and couldn't save it?

My first crash was not pilot error, (radio went out), however, i had the good 5 seconds of the plane doing 120 at the ground to know that i was in trouble. if you are trying to come up with a device that can prevent out of control problems, i beleive there are some, fmadirect.com (i think) , makes a device similar, however, it simply memorizes a flight, and reproduces it. A device that could actually bring a plane back to safe and lefel flight from an out of control positon(also mady by fmadirect), and safely land the plane without problems, would be just about the only thing that could reduce crashes. However, the only way to do this would be gps navigation, or something similar, which in the end would end up costing so much, it would be more worth youre time to go and get one of those tape recordings that teaches you to pay attention to everything. If i had checked the radio battery before flight, id still have that plane, but i think that most of us piltos agree that the main reason for crashing is ignorance, in other words, to make a device that could reduce crashes, you would have to take all of this into account. Plus make it a reasonably cheap thing to buy(impossible). Of course a device that can save you from the time and money it takes to repair a crashed aircraft would be easily justified, however over time you will realize that crashing is part of the sport, and thrill, removing it would make the sport just a little less thrilling. hope any of my info has helped u, good luck on youre report!