RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jumping Jack Set Up for 3D
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 03:30 AM
Nickolas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jumping Jack Set Up for 3D

Hey Josh,

Can you please provide me you setup on JJ? Throws,expo,CG location,mixes etc.

Do you use any spoileron mix during harrier? I have a slight wing rocking problem and think of trying to resolve with spoileron. If I use spoileron for both upright and inverted do you think I should have it enabled during the harrier roll? What percentage would you advise, is 50% ok you think?

Also at full aileron throw 45-50' the plane starts the rolling harrier pretty fast and smoothly and then as speed is reduced that kind of smoothness goes away. I give bursts of throttle without good result. Do you think I should decrease my aileron throws a bit. It seems that those ailerons act as air breaks. What is your max throw during the harrier roll?

My plane flies ok but could perform better I think. It has come around 650gr with 2000mAh 3s Kokam batteries. I think it's too heavy for good 3D that's why I have those wing rocking problems. Also I moved my battery over the main spar, canopy area in order to balanace it vertically but it still drops the nose during hover, this battery is really heavy I think,it is nearly 160gr.

I hoped that I would manage this plane more easily than my IC models but it seems harder. I can hover and torque roll my 3D fun fly engine models for ever, JJ seems a bit more difficult to me and I believe something is wrong with my setup.

Looking forward to your answer, any further advice is wellcome.

Rgrds,

Nick
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca80989.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	351234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95233.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	351235