RCU Forums - View Single Post - Need Help with Saito 120 !!!
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 04:21 PM
loughbd
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Need Help with Saito 120 !!!

Actually timing a Saito is quite easy. There is a small hole in intake cam which is the front cam on the left. If you take out that tappet you can turn the shaft until you see the little hole. I put one of the pushrods into the hole to keep the shaft from turning. Set to crankshaft at TDC and with the little hole visible exactly in the middle of the tappet opening set the assembly back on the engine. It is now timed correctly. Turn the engine two complete revolutions and look down the tappet hole. With the crank again at TDC you should see the little hole in the camshaft exactly in the middle. I rebuild these things so I have them apart a lot. I made a small tool to set the timing. It is a rod about 2 inches long exactly the size of the tappet hole with a *** on the end that is the same size as the hole in the camshaft. When inserted in the camshft through the tappet hole, the *** fits into the hole in the cam keeping it from turning and the cam can not move at all. Makes timing very easy.

Slipkid has some really screwy ideas. Go to his ebay auctions and look at the descriptions on some of the engines he sells. Does anyone here know what a "langed" engine is?? Read his descriptions to find out. He is daniel7450andthelion on ebay. Check his feedback too.