RCU Forums - View Single Post - Midwest Extra 300xs Build
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Midwest Extra 300xs Build

Hey there looks like your doing good so far . I just framed my extra 300 xs ,still need to fiberglass the wing joint and assemble the tail feathers to the fuse.Its a fast builder I think .Ok a few points to watch out for , if you haven't up graded your plans with the new addendum's supplied .for your sakes do it ,will save you some real probs later on .Oh before I forget this ,they show adding pins to the engine mount (wooden dowels ) but they don't show anything about doweling the landing gear plate .I added 2 per side to mine 1/8 !" dowels ,plus I also added some extra tri stock to the motor mount plate and box. Your right about the hardware its ok for a 60 -90 maybe???the tailwheel assy is really a joke all that will hold it in place is a hunk of fuel tubing Shakes my head I wouldn't trust this set up on a parkflyer *LOL*
As far as the 6-32 screws in the elevators coming loose a drop of thin ca will keep them tight as long as the planes around , but I did fill mine in also with some extra wood.cant hurt !
I was sort of angry that the kit did not come with decals nor cowl or pants ,not even a dash decal,For the price of this kit it should be more than a box of wood .
I'll be following this and looking to see if you have any more questions, if you need some advice and cant wait, you can email me at [email protected]
I'll post a pic when I get the tailfeathers in place should be monday the 14th
Keep up the good work.