RCU Forums - View Single Post - New to Mini-Z/IWaver micro scale
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2005, 04:45 AM
sasquatch1976

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to Mini-Z/IWaver micro scale

Hey!

I have just joined the local 1:18 (because of winter time here in Denmark) and smaller club and have bought a Mini-Z + IWaver.

The track is very large and open and is an exact replica of the formula 1 track in Spain (even in scale). Just to give you some kind of idea of its design.

The surface has been painted in some "special" <--(to me that is because I have no idea what it is) compound giving a lot of grip. It's painted on top of very hard plywood (MDF)

Now then.

What foam tires should I put on?

I have done some research (just to sound scientific) and have found that foam tires for these small suc***s are not just a "go and buy thing"

Many exists in 8.5mm, 11mm, with and with out offset and in at least 3 different shores....

My question to you is what would a good starting point be? Is tyre selection the same as in the 1:10 touring scale I also drive? Because then I would get some medium front and soft rear....

Should I just buy some of every one? They are not that expensive (just did not want to have massive amomounts lying around never to get used)

Am I completely off here ?? [>:][]