RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 11-15-2005, 09:08 AM
Bosshossv8
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Fuel dots...I like the 3W.

Ebb and flo of models....Wayne hit the nail on the head...everyone will be singing a different tune when Chris's container show's up at port.

Tx and Rxer should be checked by the factory...especially after you have changed crystals.

I like plugging the Li-ions DIRECTLY to the Reg, and using the Reg shutdown feature to shut it off. NO POWER though a SW...not even the beloved JR charge sw. Sorry , Wayne.

Now, I have one question that I don't know has been addressed here. I have refrained posting here , because I did not want to add to the sprawl of this thread, when I was NOT buildng or Flying an EF Yak. But I am getting close. So here goes....

While learning the DA ropes on my REJECT, something struck me as I was looking at that hole in the firewall. The Carb sucks air from the fuse , right?? What about the the little bits of crap that can get into your plane....can they be sucked into the carb and do a nasty on the engine??

I just for the heck of it, turned my plane upside down with the help of friend and shook it ...HARD. And a lot of dust and little particulate came out......destined for the carb , right? Or, not???

Does ANYONE run a filter or a screen on their carbs for this reason...and has anyone had the same thoughts??? Or do I ust have a dirty plane, and all of you have immaculate clean one?? (heading off the jokes).